Get iOS 7 Style Dock On iPhone, iPad Running iOS 6 – CopyDock Cydia Tweak

Posted by Badri Tek on 07:06 with No comments
Only a couple of days are left before Apple is expected to release the public version of its latest iOS 7. While most of the regular iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad users will be upgrading to iOS 7 immediately, there are plenty left who would not upgrade unless a jailbreak arrives. In fact before everybody upgrades to iOS 7, developers are giving their best shot at bringing more and more tweaks imitate the look and feel of iOS 7 on iOS 6.

A while back I reviewed Ayra Cydia Tweak that imitates iOS 7’s lockscreen on iOS 6. Today I will covering yet another iOS 7 inspired tweak that changes the look of the home screen on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad running iOS 6. CopyDock is a lightweight tweak that brings the look of iOS 7’s tinted dock to iOS 6.

How To Get iOS 7 Dock On iOS 6 Home Screen

First and foremost, head to Cydia, go to the search section, and type in CopyDock (without spaces). Install the tweak and respring your Apple device. Please note that the tweak does not have any options to configure, so as soon as you install it the stock iOS 6 dock will be replaced immediately.

CopyDock iOs 7 Style Dock On iOS 6 Cydia Tweak (5)CopyDock iOs 7 Style Dock On iOS 6 Cydia Tweak (2)

Here I have applied a couple of wallpapers just to show how CopyDock works. As you can see with each of the wallpapers the dock looks different and becomes translucent. It matches with the tone of the wallpaper that you have applied and makes your device look much better.

CopyDock iOs 7 Style Dock On iOS 6 Cydia Tweak (6)CopyDock iOs 7 Style Dock On iOS 6 Cydia Tweak (3)

For me, the tweak does its job wonderfully well and I started loving it from the moment I installed it. Furthermore, it is available for free which certainly favors it. However, the only suggestion I have is that if the developer had added a settings page with opacity and custom colour options, it would have been much cooler. Despite that I am considering it as a great tweak for users looking for a slight makeover for their idevice’s boring and dull home screen.
Categories: , ,