Split Home Screen With Two Fingers To Open Notification Center On iPhone & iPad: Ostium Cydia Tweak

Posted by Badri Tek on 05:08 with No comments
The Notification Center on the iOS is a great way for keeping a track of the recent unread messages, missed phone calls, weather updates, stock market ups and downs, reminders and even third party app notifications.

I am sure many of you must be having a habit of using the notification center too much and you must be using the slide in gesture to drag down the notification center more than the number of times a normal iPhone user does. I know this sounds irrelevant as it is the only way to pull down the notification center and the conventional one too.

But today I have a really interesting tweak to cover which lets you open the notification center from anywhere on the home screen just by splitting the screen with your fingers. Sounds cool? It is indeed. Ostium is a brilliantly designed cydia tweak with which you can open the notification center just by zooming in on the home screen.

Ostium Cydia Tweak Split Screen Notification Center (1)

Once you have installed the tweak, and respring your device, you can head to the stock iPhone settings to access Ostium tweak settings and enable the slide animations for notification center gesture and springboard 2 finger gesture. You can also enable or disable the above-mentioned gesture actions from here.

Ostium Cydia Tweak Split Screen Notification Center (2)

Now you can surely close the settings and try opening the notification center from the homescreen. Here I have a couple of images showing you how the tweak works.

In the first image below, as I try to zoom in / split the screen using my fingers you can see a small vertical gap emerging (a really thin line). Now as I move my fingers apart the gap becomes prominent and you can see the notification center emerging from the back.

Ostium Cydia Tweak Split Screen Notification Center (4)Ostium Cydia Tweak Split Screen Notification Center (5)

The more you split the wider the gap opens and eventually the complete notification center will pop up. It is like the doors of a lift getting opened.

Ostium Cydia Tweak Split Screen Notification Center (6)

I really like the concept of the tweak and it surely brings some refreshment to the conventional opening style of the notification center. If you do not like the split screen gesture, you can still use the traditional slide-in-from-top gesture to open the notification center.

The tweak is priced at $0.99 and can be found on the Cydia store. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Categories: ,